Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mission Trip

I just got back from going on a mission trip to Benton, TN with our youth group. We conducted vbs 4 nights at a small church in the mountains, did some service projects at the camp we stayed at, went on a prayer walk, and did "beach reach" ministry one day. We even found time to hike to a waterfall and go white water rafting one day. We had a super time but I was exhausted by the time we got home. I don't have many pictures of our week because my camera ran out of batteries - I'm hoping to get some from the others and post those soon. It is a whirlwind of trips for me - getting to cross over 3 time zones in just a few days and unloading my suitcase to wash the clothes and put them right back in the suitcase as Keegan and I prepare for our trip to Arizona - yikes!!!!
The girls on the "party bus"

Don't be fooled - they only look sweet and innocent :)

The boys thought it would be fun to hide 2 cans of opened sardines underneath all of the luggage - we had to identify and locate the fishy odor - good times!!!

Girls just wanna have fun!

We had to take the ferry from IL to KY on our way to the camp - I'd never ridden on a ferry in the car before - what an adventure! :)
It was a actually pretty on the short ride to the other side
One of the views of the Appalachians - beautiful!!
Up to no good.....
Our faithful and fearless leader - keep your eyes on the road Terry!!!


No comments: